VARIANT CLASSIFICATION AND RECLASSIFICATION WITH CGI’S ECONOMY OF SCALE
Leverage CGI’s Economies of Scale
The Center for Genomic Interpretation (CGI) helps genetic testing companies raise the quality bar while lowering the costs on their genetic variant classifications and reclassifications for customers. Our 501(c)(3) non-profit business approach proves commitment to our mission to drive quality in clinical genetics by working collaboratively and non-competitively with for-profit companies. We best serve the genetics patient, consumer, and clinician by helping the laboratories and companies from which they order genetic tests.
Mature Laboratories and Companies
A mature laboratory or company with an existing variant classification pipeline is looking for solutions to scalability. CGI is that solution. CGI is a deep tech 501(c)(3) non-profit charity. Partnering with CGI allows the mature laboratory or company to potentially:
- launch new hereditary gene testing products with CGI sourcing the expert up-to-date variant classifications for that product.
- transfer all or part of variant classification workload for existing gene test products to CGI, freeing up employees to focus on other company efforts, including patient and customer support.
- offer robust and world-class, variant reclassification services in partnership with CGI.
- improve variant classification and reclassification accuracy.
- free up resources to focus on core competencies.
- securely donate previously accrued data to CGI under fairly negotiated terms as an in-kind charitable donation, thus resulting in significant tax benefits to the for-profit company.
Emerging Laboratories and Companies
In today’s market, nimbleness is the winning formula for emerging laboratories and companies, and outsourcing is key. Often for the small laboratory, whether it be a commercial start-up or a new hospital lab, outsourcing variant classification may be the only way to harness the lifesaving power of newly purchased sequencing instruments. Partnering with CGI allows the emerging laboratory or company to potentially:
- provide mature and accurate variant classification and reclassification services to meet patient, customer and stakeholder expectation.
- evaluate market traction for new hereditary gene testing products without spinning up an internal team to support accurate variant classification.
- keep costs and risk low.